One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
We are the Sechrist family. I am the pastor of West Park Baptist Church in Rockwell, North Carolina. Myself, along with my wife Jessica, and my daughters, Leah, Alli and Macy, are blessed to serve the Lord as the Pastor’s family.
The Lord has blessed me in the fact that I was born and raised in a God-fearing Christian home. My parents were saved before I was born, and through Godly preaching and teaching, they kept us in the house of God. Because of this, I was saved and baptized at a very young age. God began to deal with my heart as a young boy to preach the Gospel, but I did not surrender until I was 17 years old.
After surrendering to preach, I graduated with a degree in Pastoral theology. The Lord allowed me to serve as an Assistant and Youth Pastor for 15 years here at West Park Baptist Church. Through the leading of the Lord, it has been our privilege to now be the Senior Pastor starting our fourth year in January 2020. Our desire is to be a spirit-filled body that may seek to please the Lord in all areas of our Christian life.
The mindset of our church is to reach our community with the Gospel, but we also fully support foreign missions. West Park is dedicated to fulfilling the Great Commission. The Bible tells us to work for the night is coming, and that the harvest is ready, but the labourers are few. We want to be faithful in reaching souls until the Lord comes back to claim His bride.
Pastor Billy & Jessica Sechrist
• We believe in the preservation of scriptures in our English text (King James Version).
• We believe in the Genesis account of creation and the fall of man.
• We believe in the total depravity of man.
• We believe all are lost unless born again.
• We believe that we are saved by grace through faith and without works on the part of man.
• We believe in the security of the believer.
• We believe that Jesus Christ organized a church while here on earth during His personal
ministry (before Pentecost), and that He gave that church a commission (Matthew 28:19-20)
• We believe that there are two church ordinances: baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
• We believe that the church is local, visible, and that she has the Bible for her one and only and all-
sufficient rule of faith and practice.
• We believe that the way to finance the Lord’s work is by tithes and free-will offerings.
• We believe that all churches should be missionaries.
• We believe in the pre-millennial second coming of Christ.
• We believe that Heaven is a real place and that Hell is a real place.
• We believe in the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and these are one.
• We believe in confrontational soul-winning (by giving the gospel to a lost and dying world.)
• We believe the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all our unrighteousness.